Twitter

Tuesday, May 27, 2014


Excerpt From Chapter Twenty, of My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions 

Quest for God's Own Heart
The Old Testament
Through the Eyes of Michael the Archangel
 

The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command. So the Lord said to Solomon, ‘Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son. Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen.’”

(1 Kings 11:9-13) 


(Michael the Archangel retelling the story of Solomon Part 3) 


          ... From the gates of Hell, I watched as Satan called all of his generals. “I am going to destroy Solomon,” he screamed with malice in his voice. “I will not allow the Israelites to be a beacon of light to the rest of the world. By the time I am done with Solomon, the Israelites will be an embarrassment instead.”
“How are we going to do that, Satan?” one of his generals asked. “God has made Solomon the wisest and most prosperous man on earth. Where is his weakness?” 

            Satan stood in disgust. “God warned him not to marry women from other countries. I will use his wives to turn his heart away from God; just watch and see.”... 


...Gabriel stopped as we crossed the bridge that overlooks the River of Life. He leaned against one of the rails, before responding. “Michael, I’m frustrated just like you, but, God told us they would do this. He told us they would disobey Him.”
“I know, but, Solomon was given God’s wisdom, and he has squandered everything for his own pleasures. He has failed God.”
“What is wrong, Michael?” Startled, I turned, and there was God the Father.
Gabriel and I fell down before Him. “Why is this happening God? You’ve given Solomon everything he ever wanted, but now he’s offering sacrifices to the false gods of his wives.”
“Michael, I warned Solomon not to marry women from other countries,” God responded with sadness in His voice. “He was a great king for My people, but now that he is old, he has turned his back on Me. He has chosen to use the wisdom and prosperity that I have given him for his own pleasures. Because of his wickedness, I am going to tear his kingdom apart.”...


My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions
 

No comments:

Post a Comment