Twitter

Monday, May 26, 2014


Excerpt From Chapter Nineteen, of My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions 

Quest for God's Own Heart
The Old Testament
Through the Eyes of Michael the Archangel
 

“She [Queen of Sheba] exclaimed to the king, ‘Everything I heard in my country about your achievements and wisdom is true! I didn’t believe what was said until I arrived here and saw it with my own eyes. In fact, I had not heard the half of it! Your wisdom and prosperity are far beyond what I was told.’”

(1 Kings 10:6-7) 


(Michael the Archangel retelling the story of Solomon Part 2)

 

          ... After praying, Solomon motioned the crowd to quiet down. As he was about to speak, the Queen of Sheba walked into the courtyard with her entourage. Making her way through the crowd, she knelt before him. “King Solomon, I’m Amareche, the Queen of Sheba. I bring you gifts from my people. I’ve been told by many traders that you’re the wisest man on earth. They’ve also told me that your god has blessed you with prosperity far beyond that of my own country. I’ve come to learn more about this god of yours, and see if the rumors about you are true.”

Solomon took her by the hand and with a smile; he lifted her to her feet. “You’re always welcome here, Queen of Sheba. God’s temple is available for anyone who wants to come and worship His Holy Name. We serve the True and Living God.”... 

...She blushed as she stopped. “Please tell me, Solomon, how can I teach my people God’s ways? I have some good people in my country, but I also have many homeless people, as well. They would rather be begging on the streets than work for a living.”

“There will always be lazy people no matter where you live,” he responded. “They haven’t learned the lesson from the ant.”

“The ant?” she asked with a perplexing look.

He laughed. “Yes, the ant. You see, the ant doesn’t have a king or queen to make it work, yet the ant works hard throughout the summer, day in and day out, so that its colony can have enough food to survive the winter. If we don’t work as hard as the ant, destitution will ambush us as a thief in the night.”

“Well, Solomon,” she said, not being able to hold back a laugh. “I’ve never heard that analogy before. You’ve got to write that down.”

           “I think I will,” Solomon responded as they both laughed for a while...


My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

No comments:

Post a Comment