Twitter

Monday, May 12, 2014


Excerpt From Chapter Eleven, of My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

Quest for God's Own Heart
The Old Testament
Through the Eyes of Michael the Archangel
 

“Some time later, God tested Abraham’s faith. ‘Abraham!’ God called. ‘Yes,’ he replied. ‘Here I am.’ ‘Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.’”
(Genesis 22:1-2) 

(Michael the Archangel retelling the story of Abraham Part III) 

God the Father and Jesus stood from their thrones. Compassion filled the Father’s eyes as He spoke. “Lift your eyes My friends. I am going to Abraham to give him one final test. The world will know that Abraham is My faithful servant. They will see that he trusts only Me.”
After God spoke, a flash of light burst through Heaven, sending us to the ground. When I was finally able to look up, God the Father was gone.
Jesus smiled and walked over to me. “Get up, Michael. I want you to watch Our faithful servant, Abraham. You will see through his obedience that his heart is completely Ours. Because of his faithfulness, We will bless him beyond what you can ever imagine. For the rest of eternity, he will be called Father Abraham.”… 

…“What are you doing, father? Where is the sacrifice?” Isaac struggled to get up, but, Abraham was too strong. “Father, what are you doing?” he cried out once again, as he continued struggling.
“Isaac, my son, have faith in God. He will provide.” Abraham wept as he looked toward Heaven. “I’m here, my God. Please, my God, please.” Abraham slowly took the knife out of his pocket and lifted it over his head. Tears streamed down his cheeks, dripping on his son’s chest.
“Father, no,” Isaac cried out as he struggled to take the knife from his father.
One more time, Abraham looked up toward Heaven, the tears still streaming. “Father, please.” Suddenly Jesus called out to him in a voice that echoed throughout the universe, “Abraham! Abraham!”
Abraham dropped the knife and fell to the ground in exhaustion. With relief in his voice, Abraham slowly looked up, “Yes, my God, I’m here.”
“Don’t touch your son, Isaac. I now know you truly fear Me, for you were willing to give up your son, Isaac for Me. You have shown your faithfulness to Me.”… 

            God was testing Abraham to see if he truly trusted Him. He wanted to know if Abraham was resting on the promises of his son Isaac or on God Himself.
            God wants us to trust Him in every area of our lives. He wants us to rely on Him. How is your walk with God? Do you trust Him in every area of your life? Abraham passed the test; would you?


My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions
    

No comments:

Post a Comment