Twitter

Wednesday, May 7, 2014


Excerpt From Chapter Seven, of My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

Quest for God's Own Heart
The Old Testament
Through the Eyes of Michael the Archangel
 

“Then the Lord asked Satan, ‘Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.’”
(Job 1:8) 

(Michael the Archangel retelling the story of Job) 

…Satan got up with an evil smile and left Heaven. From a distance I watched as he screamed with delight, “Job, you are mine. I will force you to curse God. You will wish you were never born by the time I am done with you.”
Satan went straight to Job’s home and struck him with horrible boils that covered his whole body. I cringed as I watched Job fall to the ground in agony. When Job’s wife saw him, she acted as if she was repelled by his sight. “Job, why are you continuing to worship God after all that’s happened to us? We’ve lost everything. Our children are dead. Our servants are dead. We’ve lost our livelihood. We’re poor, Job. How can you still worship Him? You should curse God, and die!”
Job looked at her with anger in his eyes. “You’re a foolish woman. Should I only be grateful to God when I receive good things from Him? He’s my God, and I’ll always follow and worship Him no matter what happens.”…  

            We can learn a lesson from this great man. He endured so much, yet in the end, not only did he endure the testing of his faith, but he also grew closer to God. Because of that, God blessed him for his faithfulness.
             Today, we have a Savior who is able to understand what we’re going through in our lives. By becoming a man, Jesus was able to become a merciful and faithful mediator on our behalf. He’s able to help us when we are going through struggles in our lives and when our faith is being tested.


My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

No comments:

Post a Comment