Twitter

Saturday, May 24, 2014


Excerpt From Chapter Sixteen, of My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

Quest for God's Own Heart
The Old Testament
Through the Eyes of Michael the Archangel
 

But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.’”

(Acts 13:22) 


(Michael the Archangel retelling the story of David Part 2) 


          From Heaven, I watched in horror as Saul stood from his throne and hurled his spear at David. David ducked just in time as the spear barely missed his ear, embedding deep into the wall behind him. “What are you doing, father?” Jonathan cried out. “David has done nothing to deserve your wrath.”

“Jonathan, I know you want David to sit on my throne,” Saul shouted in anger. “You’re the heir of my kingdom, not David. Why don’t you start acting like it?”…


… Arrows penetrated the sky, casting a shadow on the valley of Gilboa. Saul and Jonathan collapsed to the ground as arrows pierced through their armor. Saul looked over and saw Jonathan lying dead on the ground. “My son, what have I done?”
Saul cried out with a voice that echoed throughout the valley before thrusting his spear into his own heart. Crawling over to Jonathan, he burst into tears. “I’ve failed you, my son. I’ve failed you.”...

...God called out to David, with compassion in His voice. “David, My servant, if you follow Me, I will always show you the way. Go now to the town of Hebron. The people of Judah are now ready to anoint you their king.”
David looked up to Heaven, raising his hands in praise, as he shouted. “Thank You, Lord, for hearing the prayer of Your servant. I love You, my God, for You’re my rock and my fortress in times of trouble. You’ve defeated my enemies, and I’ll shout Your praises to the nations, for You’re worthy of all my praise. I’ll lead Your people to follow and worship You.”...


My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

No comments:

Post a Comment