Twitter

Wednesday, June 4, 2014



Excerpt From Chapter Twenty-Six, of My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions
  
Quest for God's Own Heart
The Old Testament
Through the Eyes of Michael the Archangel
 

“‘I am the Lord, and I do not change. That is why you descendants of Jacob are already destroyed.  Ever since the days of your ancestors, you have scorned my decrees and failed to obey them. Now return to me, and I will return to you,’ says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.”

(Malachi 3:6-7a) 


(Michael the Archangel retelling the story of Malachi) 


Malachi stood up as he pointed at the man in anger. He walked into the crowd as he declared, “If you live for the God of Israel, then why do you bow down before the false gods of other nations? Can their gods answer your prayers? Do they supply all of your needs? Do you really think you can do anything you want six days out of the week, then expect the God of the Universe to bless your life because of the sacrifices you offer?
“The God of Israel declares, ‘The sacrifice that I desire is a humble heart, not a heart that is divided. I will not bless your sacrifices, if you do not come to Me in humility.’”
One of the priests pushed through the crowd and stood face to face with the prophet of God, with rage in his eyes. “Who are you to question the way we worship the Lord our God? You’re just an old fool. Why don’t you go back home? No one wants to listen to your foolishness anyway. We know whom we worship and it’s not this God of judgment you talk about.”
Malachi looked at the priest with a look of frustration. “The Lord our God declares, ‘Who are you to rebuke My prophet? I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You walk around My city, pretending to be worthy of My Holy Name, but you are unclean on the inside. Your motives are vile to Me, for you only pretend to be a follower of Mine.’”…
           …Malachi stopped in the middle of the crowd, lifting his hands toward Heaven, “I’m Your servant, my God, and have followed and worshiped You my whole life. I pray that Your people will turn from their evil ways and seek You with all their heart, so that they, too, can enjoy the blessings of being Your child.”


My EBook now available for only $5.99 at this blog: MOBI, EPUB, and PDF versions

No comments:

Post a Comment